Saturday, September 26, 2015

Wk 4: Assignment 2

Kristen Brown
LBSU 302
Week 4, Assignment 2
September 26, 2015

I had mentioned in my previous blog post my desire to learn more about the struggles teachers face when dealing with integrating technology into the classroom.  My research this week helped me dig deeper into that aspect of learning.  Most elementary teachers teach all subjects and finding a way to integrate technology can be incredibly time consuming when using different software’s for different subjects.   However, studies have shown that classrooms that used technology, such as CD-ROM storybooks versus a printed book, saw a greater comprehension of the book through the CD-ROM version.  This study was conducted in 2001 so, today, technology has advanced passed the CD-ROM era into even more accessible tools that can be used with ease everyday.

For this research process, I utilized the chapman online library through the Academic Search Premier.  When initially beginning the search, I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of results I was given.   I narrowed the search down using the search for “Peer Reviewed” Journals and utilizing the thesaurus term available.   I also changed my word search to be more specific.  I was given significantly less results, which allowed me to skim through journal titles and dive into the articles within.    As I continue to conduct research on this topic, I hope to be able to find ways teachers have been able to integrate technology into the classroom without extensive training and using it to promote interactive academic achievement that also engages the students on an emotional level to enhance their learning from day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment